Monday, May 22, 2006

My two year old loves for me to feed her even though she is quite capable of feeding herself. She loves cereal and I often feed her so she doesn't spill (She will bring me her plate/bowl of food for me to feed her... spilling along the way). The result is that I can't eat a bowl of cereal myself without my daughter begging to be fed from my bowl. I try to explain to her that it's my breakfast and she whines and cries so I end up feeding her because it's less hassle, besides it's not really a big deal. I don't mind sharing with her too much.
This morning I poured myself a bowl of grape-nuts. Within minutes of sitting down, my daughter came begging for a bite. I gave her a small one and and she started chewing. "Eww, poo-poo," was her immediate reply. She tried to spit it out and I told her to swallow it. She had a look of disgust and said "Eww, poo-poo" again. She started to spit it into her hand so I gave her a napkin. She hated it so much that she tried wiping it out of her mouth. I couldn't help laughing! I now have a new favorite cereal because I can eat it without having to swap germs with my 2 year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment