Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Lengthen Your Stride


I am organizing a 5K for the Raleigh NC Stake of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints as part of our Day of Service on April 25, 2008. You really should check it out here. It is a food drive to benefit the NC Central Food Bank. I'm really excited about it and am glad to be involved in such a great community event. It is another reason though, to explains my lack of posts lately. It has kept me very busy!


This Day of Service is being organized by the North America Southeast Area (NASE) of the LDS Church (it covers 10 states). You can check out what other areas are doing here. Each stake is encouraged to have a day of service to benefit their community. The LDS Church is well known for helping out in disasters and now members are being challenged to serve their neighbors in times other than emergencies.


I have also been assigned to work with the Public Affairs team of the NASE. I wrote my first press release this week. I haven't written for a newspaper in years. It was just the kick in the pants I needed to get back to writing. I have another press release in the works for this week and a newsletter for next week. They are keeping me busy. I'm flying to Orlando in March to teach a class on interviewing and writing press releases at a Public Affairs training conference with the rest of the NASE team. When they were telling me about the conference, I asked if I would be attending (I wanted to attend the classes) and the answer was "Yes, and this is the class you are TEACHING..." I laughed out loud thinking it was a joke at first but then as the Director of Public Affairs for NASE kept going on about the class I realized it wasn't! I'm lenghtening my stride and am amazed at all that I can accomplish with the Lord's help.

No comments:

Post a Comment