Tuesday, March 24, 2009

2 Halves make a Whole


My best friend Megan and I ran in the DC half marathon last weekend. Add our miles together and we have a whole marathon! We had a blast. Last year we did the Richmond 10K together. We are making running together an annual event and are going to invite more friends to join us. Interested in coming along next year? Let me know!


It was so cold and dark when we started. Only 27 degrees and there were people in shorts and tank tops! We coudn't even feel our noses for a while. It got better when the sun came up. I wasn't feeling my best and told Megan to go ahead- I was going to walk some. We've had a lot of snow and cold rain in NC in Jan & Feb so I hadn't been able to train like I should have. I added a half hour onto my last half marathon time but I don't mind. I still finished all 13.1 miles. As someone said to me along the course, "They give out the same medal to the 6th place as they do to the last place." I agreed. No more March races for me though. I'll stick to late April or May, thank you very much.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment