Sunday, October 26, 2008



I had a wonderful time in New York City. I loved all the sights and shows. I had been dreaming of a trip to the big city for a long time. I had hoped that my dear husband and I could go for our 10th anniversary but it came and went and no trip happened- we're on our 13th year now! Then this year the stars aligned and I got back in touch with one of my best friends from high school and found out he was moving to the Bronx. I was invited to visit and I jumped at the chance to see my good friend more and see the city that never sleeps. I smiled so much my mouth hurt. I got blisters on my feet but nothing stopped me.

The best part wasn't in the city - it was at home. My husband was amazing. He never once asked how much the trip cost us. He never complained that I would be gone for 4 nights. He even took a day off work to help out with the girls. I took a 6am flight home (which meant I had to get up at 4 am) and expected to come home to a mess- after all, I'd been gone for most of the week. I was exhausted and I walked in the door and it was clean! He'd cleaned while I was gone! I was able to take a nice 4 hour nap and he cooked dinner and did the dishes too! I have to brag about my husband because he gave me the best gift!

I love NY but I love my husband so much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment