Thursday, December 04, 2008

The Boy Who Dared book review

The Boy Who Dared The Boy Who Dared by Susan Campbell Bartoletti


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
I read this with my girls (ages 11 and 10) and we all loved it. It was a good one for a discussion on bravery, government, war, human rights and more. I recommend it highly. It's about an LDS boy who lived in Germany during WWII and chose to act when he knew Hitler was evil instead of letting his fears rule him.

Here's what my oldest daughter said: "The story was told as "flashbacks" and really let you understand his emotions and why he did what he did. I liked how it gave you the background story behind his life."

It's based on a true story and we all gained a better understanding of the second World War and Hitler. It's perfect for young adult readers.


View all my reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment